OAR Independent Boat Use and Reservations for Privately Owned and Club Equipment
Rowers will be certified for a specific class of boats based on their ability. To upgrade to (for example, from a Maas to a Peinart), you must check with a Coach or Board Member.
Once you are a certified OAR Rower, you will receive a link to our Boat Sign Our Form. Please reserve your boat the night before you plan to row.
Please run a check of the following things:
- That nuts on the rigging are tight.
- Bow ball is securely fastened.
- Seat includes floatation and seat slides smoothly on the track.
- Forward end of the slide is blunt and will not gouge calves.
- Blade handle, collars, sleeves, and shafts are in good condition.
- Oar locks are correctly positioned, closed and tightened.
- Your clothing cannot become tangled in your seat or oar handle.
First aid kit in box
If you or someone else experiences a health incident or emergency please be advised that the nearest emergency room is located at:
Bassett Medical Center
Address: 1 Atwell Rd, Cooperstown, NY 13326
Phone: (607) 547-3456